Standards Based Grading (K-5)
Beginning with the 2016-17 school year, our elementary schools will be using a grading and reporting systems know as Standards Based Grading. This decision was made after a year and half long Learning Team review of the district's grading practices.
Standards Based Grading communicates how a student is performing against a set of essential learning standards.
Standards Based Grading:
- - is based on learning goals and performance standards
- - focuses on mastering content standards instead of accumulating points
- - measures a student’s progress towards proficiency
- - reports what students know and are able to do
- - is a balance of formative and summative assessments
- - is a record keeping system that informs instruction
- - encourages student reflection and responsibility for learning
- - separates achievement from effort/behaviors
Elementary Learning Targets
We have created parent friendly learning targets that provide further explanation for what students will be learning throughout the school year. The learning targets are aligned with the Illinois State Learning standards and are expectations for the end of the school year across subject areas. Below are links to the grade level learning targets.
- - Kindergarten Learning Targets
- - 1st Grade Learning Targets
- - 2nd Grade Learning Targets
- - 3rd Grade Learning Targets
- - 4th Grade Learning Targets
- - 5th Grade Learning Targets
For more information please click on the links below.