A Message From the Director
At the ECC, we believe that play is the work of young children and that preschoolers learn from a wide variety of teacher-directed and child-initiated learning activities.
well-organized and engaging environment encourages preschoolers to interact, play, and share with each other. The classroom environment should encourage children's
exploration and curiosity so they evolve into competent life-long learners. We believe that:
- Each child has their own growth rate and individuality that needs to be respected.
- Young children require predictable daily routines to develop appropriate limits and boundaries.
- Young children learn through meaningful, hands-on experiences.
- Children develop independent self-help skills when given a variety of opportunities to practice with the nurturing support of adults.
- Adult modeling and support increases sensitivity of young children toward the feelings of peers.
- A variety of experiences with other young children is required to develop age-appropriate social interaction skills.
- Communication skills are the foundation of sharing thoughts, feelings, and ideas with others.
- Children need a variety of age-appropriate developmental tasks to increase skills in all areas of development (thinking, reasoning, speech and language, and fine and gross motor skills).
- Parents need convenient in-school child care options before and after school hours.
I personally look forward to getting to know your family and your preschooler this school year and hope you will spend the year with us!
Mrs. Crissy Mombela
Director of Special Services
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.