Dear Community Member:
Welcome to Skokie School District 68! I am pleased to have you visit us. Skokie School District 68 has a strong tradition of excellence in academic and a focus on the whole child. The D68 community is proud of the diversity of the families that attend our schools, our history of commitment to children, as well as the strong educational foundation that we have provide to our students. Our excellent financial position, largely supported by our strong commercial tax base, allows us to keep our class sizes low, maintain beautiful facilities conducive to teaching and learning, and to attract great teachers and administrators.
During the 2017-18 school year, the Board of Education created a new strategic plan using a broad spectrum of stakeholder input and feedback in order to maximize the academic, social, and emotional potential of each student in our schools.
District 68's Strategic Plan outlines the District’s goals:
- Focus on the Whole Child - Value and cultivate each child’s social, emotional, intellectual, cultural, linguistic, and physical development.
- Cultural Responsiveness, Equity, and Inclusion - Build personal and organizational capacity to deepen cultural understanding and responsiveness within our educational environment to reflect the people and values of our community.
- Teaching and Learning - Promote a learning culture that challenges teachers and students to reach their highest potential for learning
- Communication and Engagement - Foster connection and collaboration with all stakeholders using effective communication strategies.
- Future Generation Learning Environment - Pursue an exceptional physical environment that includes enhancements to advance creativity and innovation while supporting the needs of all learners.
I am excited about our plans to make these goals come alive through a wide range of initiatives and activities that will further contribute to the excellence of our schools.
Our School Board, the administration, and our staff is committed to the philosophy of continuous improvement, as we look at the District’s practices and structures to determine how we can continue to adapt how we do school to best meet the needs of today’s students.
As always, I want to thank all of our staff for their dedication in providing a quality education for our community’s children. Our rich traditions and the quality of our school programs are possible because of their commitment and hard work.
In addition, I want to thank our parents and guardians for their support of Skokie School District 68 schools. It takes a team effort to ensure the success of our students. I encourage you to attend as many school activities as possible and to continue helping support our students as they gain valuable experiences that will last a life-time.
As we progress through this school year, we will continue to keep you updated on our progress in making our schools even greater than they already are. If you have not already signed up to receive our District E-news and would like to receive periodic updates, I encourage you to do so.
James Garwood, Ed.D
Superintendent of Schools
Skokie School District 68
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.