Skokie School District 68 complies with Illinois law which specifies that the District must provide an Accelerated Placement Program (APP). The Accelerated Placement Act expands services to all students, not only those identified as gifted and talented, but includes those who demonstrate high ability and who may benefit from accelerated placement. The APP provides an educational setting with curriculum options usually reserved for students who are older or in higher grades. One APP option includes single-subject acceleration. District 68 has identified English Language Arts and Mathematics as content areas for single-subject acceleration.
Single-Subject Requirements and Process
- Parent/Guardian must submit the Acceleration Request - Math/ELA form to the building principal.
- The building principal will assemble the school’s Strategy Development Team to conduct a record review for the child. The team will determine if additional assessments are necessary in order to make a decision about eligibility.
- The building principal will schedule an appointment with the parents/guardians to discuss findings. If the decision is to accelerate the child in one or both of the subject areas, the method of acceleration will be dependent on the grade level of the child.
- English Language Learners
- Curriculum Overview
- Response to Intervention (RtI)
- Standards Based Grading
- Technology and Curriculum
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.