Superintendent Message Regarding Opening School in the Fall
Dear Parents and Guardians,
This email is to confirm District 68's plans for teaching and learning in the fall. Wednesday evening, the Board of Education formally adopted the Return to Learn Plan that I previewed with you several weeks ago. The following are the key components of that plan:
- The majority of District 68 students will start the year learning remotely with their classmates and teachers.
- Preschool - 8th grade students receiving special education services have the option of remote or in-person learning with 10 or less students in a classroom. Invitations have already been sent.
- Kindergarten - 2nd grade EL students with limited English have the option of remote or in-person learning with 10 or less students in a classroom. Invitations have already been sent.
- The first day of school for all students will be Thursday, August 27.
While our Return to Learn plan does not set an end date to remote instruction, we fully intend to monitor the situation daily and to begin opening our schools as soon as we are able to do so safely. Throughout the fall you will receive regular communications from me as well as your child's principal so that you are up to date. Please click the button below to see a more detailed description of our plan:
Please check your email and the District 68 website frequently for additional communication and details in the coming days. Be on the lookout for...
- For all students - Classroom assignments and other important information will be shared the week of August 17.
- For remote students - information about meal delivery schedule changes for the fall coming soon
- For in-person students - information about transportation
The Skokie Park District has created additional childcare options for families. Click on the following link to learn more: Skokie Park District Childcare Options
James E. Garwood
Superintendent of Schools
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.