Use these tips for finding more relevant results using Google.
- Use important words ONLY (keywords)
- Try synonyms for important keywords
- Use the ADVANCED Google Search and use the following filters to help narrow your list of results!
- Last updated date
- Site or domain
- Where the search terms appear on the page
- File type
- Usage rights (find pages that you have permission to use)
- Start with a basic phrase, then slowly add keywords as needed:
- First try: job interviews
- Second try: prepare for job interviews
- Third try: how to prepare for a job interview
Common Search Techniques:
Search social media
Put @ in front of a word to search social media. For example: @twitter.
Search for a price
Put $ in front of a number. For example: camera $400.
Put # in front of a word. For example: #throwbackthursday
Exclude words from your search
Put - in front of a word you want to leave out. For example, jaguar speed -car
Search for an exact match
Put a word or phrase inside quotes. For example, "tallest building".
Search within a range of numbers
Put .. between two numbers. For example, camera $50..$100.
Put "OR" between each search query. For example, marathon OR race.
Search for a specific site
Put "site:" in front of a site or domain. For example, site:youtube.com or site:.gov.
Search for related sites
Put "related:" in front of a web address you already know. For example, related:time.com
- Recommended Reads
- Summer Reading 2022
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.